|Alphabetical Listing of pages ...
author identification game
Autism (the IDEA category)
banned books 1
banned books 2
best children's books of all time (until 2000 anyway)
Bluebeard (fairy tale)
burned books and authors
Caldecott winning books and honors
Characteristics of healthy families
children's books about disabilities
Cinderella (the fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes, PhD
Comparison of Fairy Tales
Country of the Blind (Wells)
Deaf (the IDEA category)
Deaf/Blind (the IDEA category)
Disability laws (all those PL things)
Disorders (chromosomal, etc.)
DNA and stuff like that . . .
Emotional Impairments (the IDEA category)
The Emperor's New Clothes (fairy tale)
Evaluation of books with disabilities
Fairy Tale Webquest
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
The Frog Prince (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
The Giver (Lowry)
Hansel and Gretel (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Harrison Bergeron (Vonnegut)
Hearing Impairment (the IDEA category)
History of Special Education
History of the World (a work in progress)
IDEA 2004 -- changes
Independent assessment page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4
Infant and toddler development
Intellectual Disability (the IDEA category)
Jack and the Beanstalk (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Juan case study
Little Match Girl (fairy tale, Estes)
Medical prefixes and suffixes
Mimi and the Babling (fairy tale, Shafer)
Multiple Disabilities (the IDEA category)
Newbery winning books and honors
Orthopedic Impairment (the IDEA category)
Other Health Impairments (the IDEA category)
Parenting Styles (Baumrind)
Percivalli, the Perfidious Pook (fairy tale, Shafer)
The Pied Piper of Hamelin (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Praxis for Special Ed (incomplete)
Pregnancy and stuff
The Princess and the Pea (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Psychomotor independent study page 1, page 2, page 3
Puss in Boots (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Rapunzel (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Red flags in development
The Red Shoes (fairy tale, Estes)
2020 Review for test # 1
2020 Review for test # 2
2020 Review for test # 3
2020 Review for test # 4
Rumpelstiltskin (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Safety plan (abuse)
Satir's styles of communication
Sleeping Persun of Better-than-average Attractiveness (fairy
tale, PC, Garner)
Snow White (fairy tale, PC, Garner)
Specific Learning Disability (the IDEA category)
Speech impairment (the IDEA category)
Traumatic Brain Injury (the IDEA category)
Tables (Apgar, IQ, etc.)
Theorists and other various and sundry folks
Tia case study
The Ugly Duckling (fairy tale, Estes)
Visual Impairment including Blindness (the IDEA category)
Where Do Babies Really Come From? (fairy tale, Shafer)
ECED 2020 Human Development
ECED 2060 Development of Exceptional Children:
MWF TTh 2:00 TTh 10:45 evening summer
ECED 2010 Safe, Healthy Learning Environment
ECED 2050 Psychomotor Development
ECED 2070 Assessment
ECED 2080 Language and Literacy
ECED 2230 Children's Literature
CFS 2200 Marriage and Family
|Some fun quotes for your amusement or consideration,
also for poops and giggles ...
1. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
2. I asked you nicely not to mangle my merchandise. You leave me no choice but to
ask you nicely again.
3. When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?
4. Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same
reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other
similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are.
5. It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of
(Calvin [and Hobbes])
6.My parents didn't want to move to Florida. But they turned 60 and that's the law.
7. Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
8. What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.
9. I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. (Douglas Adams)
10. Now the kilt was only for day-to-day wear. In battle, we donned a full-length ball
gown covered in sequins! The idea was to blind your opponent with luxury!
11. When I was a boy, the Dead Sea was only sick.
12. I felt so utterly exposed and vulnerable and not in that fun, spanky way.
13. He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was
a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
14. Doughnuts. Is there anything they can't do?
15. Even the Gods love jokes.
16. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
17. If Dracula can't see his reflection in a mirror, how come his hair is always so
18. Don't be so humble. You're not THAT great.
19. All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
20. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust -- we all dance to a mysterious tune,
intoned in the distance by an invisible player.
21. My problems all started with my early education. I went to a school for mentally
22. Man -- a figment of God's imagination.
23. I can resist anything except temptation.
24. How can I be a millionaire and never pay taxes? First, get a million dollars.
25. If women dressed for men, the stores wouldn't sell much -- just an occasional
26. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
27. I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke
up, a blind man was reading my face.
28. I hope I didn't brain my damage.
29. Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
30. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
31. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.
32. Wait a minute! This sounds like rock and/or roll!
33. The children are right to laugh at you, Ralph.
34. Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is
something, wearing plain with stripes comes easy.
35. I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.
36. Me fail English? That's unpossible!
37. Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up, and smile for a
38. And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who
could not hear the music.
39. I grew up watching TV and I turned out TV.
40. Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. So live, live, live!
|41. Ah, music! A magic beyond all we do here. (Dumbledore)
42. Outside a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
43. Be good and you will be lonesome.
44. You know when you put a stick in water and it looks bent? That's why I never
45. I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
(Edgar Allan Poe)
46. Today you are you; that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer
47. Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it
48. When it is dark, you can see the stars.
49. You cannot be both pro-life and anti-zombie.
(a book called Generation Dead; or maybe just a bumper sticker)
55. Black holes are where God divided by zero.
56. Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
57. But I'm not a genius! Or are I?
58. Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some
blunders and absurdities crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a
new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered
with your old nonsense.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
59. So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains
the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. All other
pacts of love or fear derive from it and are modeled upon it.
60. If you're always trying to be normal, you'll never know how extraordinary you
(Maya Angelou or Ellen Degeneres)
61. While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and
remember that everyone else and everything else are also God's creation.
62. There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, it
doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us.
63. “We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual
weirdness and call it love.”
64. "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"